Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I still love J. Crew

A few posts ago, I bashed on J.Crew.  They are straying away from some of their classic designs and getting extremely expensive.  However, this past weekend in Seattle, I was able to find some great items at a discount.  J. Crew will always be one of those stores where I wait until everything is on sale (and then wait for the additional 30% off) before making a purchase.  They definitely redeemed themselves this past shopping trip.  If only I lived closer to a J. Crew and could catch more of their extra 30% off sales...

Today I went to work at 8:45 and was off at 12:15pm.  I work at a movie theater.  Yes.  I just said that.  I am nearly 21 years old, and entering my fourth year at Brigham Young University.  I make slightly above minimum wage by serving people popcorn and working with high school kids.  That said, I cannot complain.  I attend church with the owners of the theater, which makes it very easy to get the shifts I want.  Also, I like the managers and they recognize my efforts and have become my good friends.  Anyway, that is beside the point.  When I work at the theater each summer, I get frustrated with dressing myself.  I am either in my oversize burgundy polo and black pants or in a swimsuit catching as much sun as possible.  Therefore, when I had to dash to a dentist appointment today, I took a few extra minutes to put on a cute outfit - because who knows when I would have a chance to dress up again!  All of my recent J. Crew purchases were at hand and I was able to put on a simple outfit that is stylish and more than just jeans and a top.  Here is what I put together.  Do you like it?


Here is the breakdown of everything I am wearing.
top: J. Crew $45.00 (I paid 30% off of $19.99)
skirt:  J. Crew $88.00 (I paid 30% off of $19.99)
belt:  J. Crew $39.50 (I paid 30% off of $19.99)
shoes:  thrifted Steve Madden

My mom was considering making our own embellished J. Crew-esque shirts.  She has been inspired by all the talented ladies who sell their items on blogs and etsy.  But by paying just $14 dollars for the real deal, it is not worth her time!

I have been looking for a cute denim skirt for a long time.  I wanted one with this shape that could be dressed up or down.  When I found this skirt for such a deal, I could not pass it up.  And I think it looks pretty cute on me too. 

4 comments:

  1. Lookin soooo cute! BTW, those Steve Madden flips were from Down East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you love J. Crew. I was in the store just the other day, and I almost bought the same shirt. And the outfit definitely looks cute on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Totally love this.

    I noticed your last name was Lybbert. Are you related to a Devin Lybbert??

    P.S. Thanks for entering the giveaway!

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so cute!! really i love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete