Monday, February 22, 2010

Tulip Week: Day 1 - Clothing

I have decided to have themed posts each week.  Not only will these themes help me look outside the box but it will give me items to post about on a daily basis.

This weeks theme is tulips.  I love tulips - no flower is more simple and beautiful at the same time.  This love comes from my mom's love of tulips.  My dad always gives her tulips on Valentines Day, Mothers Day, and their anniversary - which is tomorrow!  Two years ago, I had the opportunity to attend the end of the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival.  Many of the heads had already been lopped off, which was tragic to see, but at the same time the festival opened my eyes to the many varieties of tulips that exist.  Nothing was more beautiful to me than the fields of red tulips, all perfectly arranged in rows.
 
May Day 2008

I began my hunt looking for tulip clothing - done in a non cheesy way.  The most common result to my search was a tulip shape dress or skirt.  The skirt below was featured on a blog titled La Catrina.  I love the tulip shape of the skirt and the interesting abstract print.  My only fear about this shape is that while it will accentuate a narrow waist, it might make one's hips look much larger than they actually are.
 
My next favorite tulip find is this dress from loveclose - T.  The blog appears to be a new business so I am not sure how well the clothing fits, but I can tell you, if this dress were a bit longer, I would buy in in an instant and pair it with a cute cardigan for Easter Sunday.  Is is possible that it is really only 18 dollars?!

If you have any suggestions for weekly themes, please let me know!  Stay tuned for tomorrows post featuring some of my favorite tulip bouquets. 

1 comment:

  1. Loving this idea, and that cute dress--couldn't we make it work somehow? Good memories of that fun trip! Love this post...

    ReplyDelete