Saturday, May 22, 2010

New Favorite TV Show

Well okay, maybe not my new favorite television show - NCIS still takes the cake.  However, this is a close second.  Bones, starring Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz is based off of the best selling novel series by Kathy Reichs.  It is about a forensic anthropologist and an FBI agent who pair up to solve crimes that otherwise would be impossible.  Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan is very intelligent, yet lacks knowledge about pop culture and never manages to understand a joke.  Special Agent Seeley Booth is the typical handsome and witty male character who is in love with Bones.  Only now in the fifth season is this story line really coming out.

I started watching the show three weeks ago on Netflix (their live streaming is the next greatest thing since the iphone).  I am hooked.  I have about six more episodes until I am completely caught up.  The season finale was on Thursday night, and from what I have heard on the internet, it was a good one.  I don't just like the show for the romantic banter between the two main characters, I like it because it portrays a beautiful, intelligent, rational, and strong female character.  I like that, compared to other crime dramas, it does not focus solely on sex crimes.  I like it because it is humorous as well as emotionally touching.  I like that Agent Booth has a strong Christian belief system.  What can I say - I just love it.  I will finish the season in the next few days.  After which, I will start reading the book series.  The television show is loosely based off of the books and I will probably be a bit disappointed.  But at least it will give me a chance to learn more about the world of crime.  After all, I do want to work for a federal law enforcement agency.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! A new post on "Favorite Finds"! You've got your dad hooked now, too!

    ReplyDelete